[pdftex] /pdfinfo {/Producer (foo)} not working

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Feb 22 10:20:58 CET 2001

On 2001-02-22 09:01:33 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >If the order of statements were changed as by the patch the
> >/Producer(pdfTeX) would still be included -- but _after_ any
> >Producer key from the document, i.e. the document could override
> >the key.
>
> But that is exactly what is not wanted, since pdftex is the producer. You
> can always use the other fields to smuggle your name into the doc.

:-{

My company would like to hide the fact that we are using pdfTeX
from our customers (while I would like to announce it to them).
Of course we could always produce a patched version...

Btw: If this is really a feature, the documentation (e.g. the web
companion) is wrong as the Producer entry can _not_ be set.

Best regards
    Martin
--
                http://www.tm.oneiros.de/calendar/2001/