OT (Re: [pdftex] simple graphics question)

siepo at cybercomm.nl siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Feb 16 11:01:13 CET 2001

On 14 Feb, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Steven E. Landsburg writes:
>  >      \input epsf
>  >      \input graphicx
> gracious, dont include both!

That reminds me: once upon a time I needed a macro to automatically
scale an eps graphic proportionally to fit within a given rectangle. So
the figure would fit horizontally if it was wide, or vertically if it
was tall. I loaded epsf because it provided access to the boundingbox
parameters, but I used the graphics package for actual figure inclusion.
It worked ok, but I would have been happier if it could have been done
with just the graphics package. Did I miss something?

--
Siep