[pdftex] eepic and pdflatex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Fri Feb 9 19:29:49 CET 2001

    > Is there any way I can use the eepic package and create pdf
    > files that show these lines?  I am using the current TeXLive
    > 5.0.

As Marc van Dongen said, the best way would be to use metapost.

If you already have a lot of graphics done with eepic, you could use
dvips and epstopdf:

Put the graphics into a LaTeX file, one figure per page and disable
page numbering.  Process the file with latex, not pdflatex.  Then run
the dvi file through dvips -E -i -S1.  The parameters are explained in
dvips's manpage.  You will get one eps file for each page with a tight
bounding box.  These files can be converted to pdf with epstopdf.  You
can then include the pdf files into your document as usual (using the
grapicx package).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de