[pdftex] thumbpdf and page orientation

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Feb 4 19:30:26 CET 2001

At 14:08 03.02.2001 +0100, Aiko Huckauf wrote:
>Sunday, January 28, 2001, 10:58:58 PM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
>> thumbpdf 2.8 supports landscape pages.

>Well, in the meantime I have upgraded my system and use thumbpdf 2.8.
>Unfortunately, the problem with the landscape-pages remained:
>The pdf-file produced with pdfTeX 14d is all right (portrait pages
>have portrait orientation, and landscape pages have landscape
>orientation - with Acrobat Reader 4.05), but after running thumpdf
>_all_ pages that follow the first landscape page are rotated, no
>matter if I use
>
>\begin{landscape}

Without a complete test file I cannot see, what code
you are using to set the pdf page attribute /Rotate.

There was a discussion about this topic in de.comp.text.tex
last month:
  thumbpdf uses \global assignment of \pdfpageattr,
  and removes the entry after use, so that the next
  pages are not affected.
As a result I have written packages pdflscape.sty, that
uses this technique for the page attribute /Rotate and
extends the landscape environment. I have put it today
into the incoming directory of CTAN.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de>

PS: Please, use "Re:" instead of "Re[2]:" in order to avoid
    Subject lines such as this:
      Re: Re[2]: Antwort: Re: AW: Re[3]: foo bar