[pdftex] Movies in PDF documents with pdfTeX

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 28 10:31:38 CET 2001

At 01:14 PM 12/27/2001 +0100, Gérard Degrez wrote:
>After browsing through the pdftex manual, Thomas Merz's pdfmark primer and
>getting a suggestion from a subscriber of the GUTenberg list, I think that
>it should be possible to include a link to a movie using the \pdfannot
>command. However, although the code
>\pdfannot{[ /Rect [0 0 400 300]
>/Type /Annot
>/Subtype /Movie
>/Title (Vorticity)
>/Movie << /F (intro.mov) >>
>/A << /ShowControls true >>
>/ANN pdfmark}
>produces no compilation error, it does not provide the desired result (as
>a matter of fact, the resulting pdf file cannot be opened by Acrobat Reader).
>
>I am clearly missing something. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

(unchecked, from the back of my mind)

specify the dimensions using width ... height ... after \pdfannot (no rect
needed) ; the rect is kind of tricky since it uses absolute coordinates)

/Type /Annot : probably redundant

/Title -> /T

/Movie <</F (name.mov) /Aspect [400 300]>>

it may help to specify the aspect ratio

also: do you have the movie plugin installed? when you start fresh, the
first click on the movie should result in some disk activity demonstrating
that the movie plug in is loaded

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl