[pdftex] separating text from references

George N. White III WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Dec 19 12:53:49 CET 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >     Hans> you can use
> >
> >     Hans>    texexec --pdfselect ......
> >
> >     Hans> to create two sub docs. Quite fast btw
> >
> >Could you elaborate a bit?  What is texexec, and what goes where
> >the dots are?

For completeness, pdf(e)LaTeX offers pdfpages[.sty], complete with
documentation, test files, etc.  If you are in a rush and don't have
perl, pdfpages may be a better choice.

Both "texexec --pdfselect" and pdfpages produced corrupted PDF's using
Win32 versions of pdfetex 1.0 prerelease. This may be a .dll version issue
for the PC I used -- both tools did work on several unix/linux systems.

--
George N. White III <gnw3 at acm.org> Bedford Institute of Oceanography