[pdftex] letter-sized manual on pdftex.org corrupt?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 09:20:36 CET 2001

ed cashin wrote:

> William Adams <wadams at atlis.com> writes:
>
> > I've not been able to d/l and view more than the first page of:
> > http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/pdftex-l.pdf
> >
> > (The screen, A5 booklet and A4 sized files all worked fine)
> >
> > Just FYI.
>
> I recall this coming up several times a year.  I think it is never
> fixed because the people who could fix it are A4 snobs, snubbing
> letter-sized paper.  ;)

that is positively offensive to the hard-working tug.org
administrator, who just recently regenerated the file to make it work.

please wash your mouth out with soap, or something.

or if there's evidence that the file is still broken (it seems ok to
me) why not get off your butt and do something about it yourself?
it's not really necessary for _them_ to do every damned thing about
supporting tex and so on.

robin