[pdftex] pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifie ....

Carsten Friedrich carsten at cs.usyd.edu.au
Tue Dec 18 18:40:43 CET 2001

Hi,

I use some exotic thesis style which imports a lot of packages etc. When
using this style in a latex file with pdfTex I get a lot of the following
warnings:

! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page.1}) ha
s been already used, duplicate ignored
<to be read again>
                    \penalty

I assume there is a name conflict with some packages, but how can I track
it down and remove it? Especially is there an efficient way of determining
which
the packages involved are? It's not really a big problem though, as I could not
find any negative effects on the generated pdf file.

Thanks for your help.

Carsten