[pdftex] backref- and hyperref-package

Stueker, Dirk dirk.stueker at volkswagen.de
Mon Dec 17 08:13:29 CET 2001

Hi,
I have some trouble, using the backref-package with hyperref

Depending on the order of my \usepackage-commands I get different
results and none is satisfactory:

#1:
   \usepackage{backref}
   \usepackage[colorlinks, hyperindex, bookmarksopen, bookmarksnumbered,
pdfstartview=FitH,
               backref=page, linkcolor=blue, citecolor=blue,
german,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels]{hyperref}

   In this case after each entry of the bibliography the item "pages ..."
follows.
   Unfortunately the pagenumbers are not interactive (no hyperrefs).

#2:
   \usepackage[colorlinks, hyperindex, bookmarksopen, bookmarksnumbered,
pdfstartview=FitH,
               backref=page, linkcolor=blue, citecolor=blue,
german,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels]{hyperref}
   \usepackage{backref}
   In this case all pagenumbers are hyperrefs, but the "pages" is missing.
Each bibliography item
   is just followed by a couple of pagenumbers, but you have to know, that
these are the pagenumbers.

Bug or feature? Any hints?

Cheers
Dirk