[pdftex] Updating pdftex in installed tetex distribution?

Steffen Evers mlone at forevers.de
Thu Dec 13 15:32:05 CET 2001

Hi,

I have experienced some problems with my installed pdflatex version and
I would like to update it to the current one.

I have downloaded the pdftex sources for 14f, compiled it and replaced
all the matching installed files with the ones that where found in the
generated zip file.

However it still does not work.

The online manual says I should get a 'pdftexlib-0.12.zip'. Is it still
required? Where do I get it? I could not find it. What else do I have to
do?

Is there a HOWTO or something that describes the entire process?

Bye, Steffen