[pdftex] splitting .pdf output into smaller parts / numbers in lists

Gerolf Wulf at Gerolf.de
Sat Dec 8 17:12:26 CET 2001

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>What I think about is to have something like ifthen.sty which checks
>whether a number is in a list (i.e. {1,2,5,20-30,89}) or not.

This will take a few lines of "dirty tricks", as Donald E. Knuth
explains in The TeXbook (pages 378/379).  There he defines a "set macro"
{\alpha, \beta, \gamma } and provides a method "\ismember #1\of #2"
which tests whether a given control sequence is in the set. You will
have to modify the "\rightappenditem #1\to #2" method somewhere because
it is for list macros of a different kind.

Regards,
Gerolf Diethelm Brettschneider