[pdftex] ConTeXt \insertpages problem with 1.00a-pretest-20010806-2.1

George N. White III WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Dec 6 13:29:32 CET 2001

We have pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20010806-2.1, running on
SGI Irix.  Some of our students prefer Win32, so we also have 4TeX
with many local "enhancements" including current ConTeXt, Perl, and
pdf(e)tex running on Win95.

On the PC, files "placed" via \insertpages produce blank pages in the
output PDF, but the same files work as expected using the Irix version.
The Win95 version gives an "unrecognized token" error in acroread 4.05,
and the pdf file is somewhat smaller than the version created using the
Irix version.

I made some simple test files with \pdfcompresslevel=0.  Under Win95, the
contents of the placed pages appears to be corrupt.  Before doing anymore
testing, it would help to know if anyone else has seen this problem (e.g.,
is there something wrong with our configuration or is it a bug in the
Win32 binaries?).

--
George N. White III <gnw3 at acm.org> Bedford Institute of Oceanography