[pdftex] Characters missing when printing from Acrobat

George N. White III WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Dec 5 11:35:16 CET 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:

> This "minus signs don't print" question has been asked many times
> on this list over the years, and as far as I can recall a
> definitive answer has never been produced. This is probably
> because only a few people seem to have it. In at least some
> cases, the problem only occurred for certain models of
> printers, and I seem to remember that some older HP
> printers were susceptible to it.
>
> Bob Howlett

In some cases it was sensitive to the setting of "scale to fit" when
printing from acrobat reader, and you are right that most of the reports
were for HP printers. My impression was that the problem occured for
models that did not use a real Adobe PS interpreter.

--
George N. White III <gnw3 at acm.org> Bedford Institute of Oceanography