[pdftex] Hyphenating Cyrillic text.

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Wed Dec 5 05:23:47 CET 2001

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 20:18, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:10:33PM +0000, Michael Chapman wrote:
> > Still left pondering whether I (anyone) can do it without recompiling Tex
> > from scratch??
>
> I am coming into this conversation late, but can I check whether
> you are using the TeX from TeXLive? that has a bigger
> memory allocation for hyphenation tries than before, allowing you
> to have all the hyphenation patters on TL loaded at once

I doubt it. It is in a bundle of software. (A two-CD set that has a full
Linux OS and 'everything else', supplied as Mandrake 8.0*.  Considering there
is a large amount of "look and feel" utilities that seem based on Windows
(some even crash regularly!) that are resource hungry, it seems then an
oversight that they did not follow TeXLive and its larger allocations (for
'modern' PCs) ?)

Thanks,

	Michael.

* 8.0 is the 2001 release.