[pdftex] Hyphenating Cyrillic text.

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Tue Dec 4 20:10:33 CET 2001

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 18:14, Ville Voipio wrote:

> A modern PC has 256 MiB of memory, and another 256 MiB costs around 40 E
> (or $40). If we compare this to the situation during the days TeX was born,
> the difference is vast. Still, the jobs have not grown exponentially, i.e.,
> a book is still approximately the same size it was twenty years ago.

Must admit that that was my thought as well.

Still left pondering whether I (anyone) can do it without recompiling Tex
from scratch??
The comments thus far did not seem categoric, even though his seems a
frequent problem (it has a FAQ --- which ?cryptically points --- to the
?opaque instructions in the texmf.cnf file).
Not knocking Tex / PdfTex just trying to confirm that what I am trying to do
is "non-trivial", rather than a solitary lack of ability to understand the
instructions!!

Michael.