[pdftex] pdfPicture for pdftex

piet at cs.uu.nl piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Dec 4 10:00:26 CET 2001

>> On 2  Dec 2001 15:25:07 Robin Fairbairns wrote:
RF> the ghostscript script ps2epsi (for me) produces a .eps with the
RF> correct bounding box, which converts fine using epstopdf
>> (How) Can I call ps2epsi directly within GSView? Or do I have to call it _only_
>> from a dosbox (I use win98)?

RF> i don't know.  i don't these things much on windows machines.

I have a modified batch file ps2eps, which does tha same as ps2epsi
excewpt creating the preview. I.e it distills the ps file so that it
will be (almost) EPS compliant and has the correct bounding box. See
attachment.

@echo off
@rem "Distill" Postscript to Encapsulated PostScript.

if "%1"=="" goto usage
if "%2"=="" goto usage

gswin32c -q -sDEVICE#epswrite -sOutputFile#%2 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dDEVICEWIDTH#250000 -dDEVICEHEIGHT#250000 %1
goto end

:usage
echo "Usage: ps2eps input.ps output.eps"

:end

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl