[pdftex] Hyphenating Cyrillic text.

Boris Tobotras tobotras at jet.msk.su
Tue Dec 4 11:23:28 CET 2001

On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:58:17 GMT, Michael Chapman wrote:

> I need to hyphenate several languages.
>
> I have edited LANGUAGE.DAT
>
> One (I forget which) of the files tells me to edit TEXMF.CNF and to then
> rebuild using TEXCONFIG INIT

	Don't mess with texmf.cnf; just uncomment right languages in
language.dat and then run "texconfig init". Note that you hyphenate
language, not alphabet, hence you uncomment "russian", for example.

> Some help would be much appreciated (I do not really want to have to fall
> back on canabalising other languages to fit Ukrainian in!).

	Aha, then uncomment one of "ukrainian" lines, depending on your
encoding (koi or t2a, not sure, try both :-)

> And, yes, apologies for putting file names in upper case (in the hope that is
> clearer). They are all in lower case, and case sensitive, on my OS.

	That's good :)

--
	Best regards, -- Boris.