[pdftex] Acrobat and /Dur key

Stephan Lehmke lehmke at jupiter.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 30 17:17:15 CEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:50:55 -0400, Patrick Riley wrote:

> I don't have a file handy for testing, but I beleive that with AR4.05
> on Linux, if you set the "Advance every ___ seconds" box, then if the
> /DUR key existed, then the time specified in the menu was ignored and
> the /DUR value was used. Perhaps this "feature" has not been "fixed"
> in AR5.0 for windows. You could use a large \DUR value if you want to
> manually advance.

AAAAAAAAARGH! *repeatedly rapping head on desk*

Thats it!

Thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you!

You can't imagine how much I've been hoping for such
an easy solution - without ever imagining it could lie
so near!

Of course, Adobe tries to make it as hard to use as possible :-(
In my acroread 4.0 for Solaris I can set the time to 3600
seconds, with effectively exactly the effect I'm looking
for (pages without /Dur key are not advanced, pages with
/Dur key are advanced accordingly).
In acrobat 5.0 for Windows the maximum is 60 seconds - too
little for lecture slides. I'll put a /Dur 3600 on every
page and see what happens.

*ouch* my head hurts these days...

regards
Stephan

  Stephan Lehmke     		 Stephan.Lehmke at cs.uni-dortmund.de
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I	 Tel. +49 231 755 6434
  Universitaet Dortmund		 FAX 		  6555
  D-44221 Dortmund, Germany