[pdftex] Acrobat and /Dur key

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 29 17:00:13 CEST 2001

At 02:21 PM 8/29/2001 +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:

>P.S.: <quote
>       src="http://www.adobe.com/products/adobesupportsOSX.html">
>       Adobe's reputation is built on delivering stable,
>       innovative software of the highest quality; our customers

in most cases such quotes on websites are more for a companies own people,
since above all, they themselves must keep believing it; also, ot that the
remark is about the reputation, which is kind of looking back in time, the
challenge is to keep up a repuration -)

actually, i think that acrobat is not that bad, only adobe's testing and
support [quickly repairing bugs] is rather suboptimal, and, although it's
hard to do proper testing for complicated programs, somehow the quality
assurance programs do not linearly scale with the size of a company and its
profits

with regards to the acrobat viewer as a product, one problem is the lack of
real [free] competition, since that would really lead to a better product

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl