[pdftex] pdftex compression -- proposed addition to manual

M. Wroth mark at astrid.upland.ca.us
Wed Aug 22 07:05:48 CEST 2001

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>it wasn't long before this became impractical, so that they had at
>least to modularise.  i'm not particularly surprised they chose not to
>use web-based development tools ... i've never really taken to the way
>web works, myself (though i admit it's ages since i wrote any, and
>then not terribly much).

I've observed that  literate programming tends to be as much a religious
issue as a tool issue, but there are several  literate programming tools
that address various perceived deficiencies of the original WEB system.

I'm firmly in the camp that says literate programming improves the code &
saves time in the long run. So my opinion may be biased :-)