[pdftex] Usage of \pdfcrypt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 22 11:35:21 CEST 2001

At 10:26 AM 8/22/2001 +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:

>    \pdfcrypt parameter         meaning
>    --------------------------  ----------------------------------------
>    owner {the owner password}  to define the owner or security password
>
>    user {the user password}    to define the user or open password
>
>    print                       to give printing permission
>    copy                        to allow selecting text and graphics
>    edit                        to allow modifing (edit) the document
>    annotate                    to allow changing notes and form fields
>    all                         to allow all above
>
>    noprint                     to deny printing permission
>    nocopy                      to deny text and graphics selection
>    noedit                      to deny document modification
>    noannotate                  to deny changing notes and form fields
>    none                        to deny all above

Does these flags play a role in calculations? If not, I suggest that they
are replaced by a

   attr {...}

k/v pair, since this is extensible without the need to change the program.
This would also conform to other low level pdf primitives. Since most users
use a higher level macro package, calculating the flags is no problem. The
less hard coded keywords, the better. Also, this approach would permit
additional entries in the associated dict.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl