[pdftex] pdftex compression -- proposed addition to manual

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 23:37:59 CEST 2001

>   Since the people who maintain the manual haven't responded, I'm
>   wondering if this list is even the right place to discuss it. I couldn't
>   find their e-mails on the manual's webpage

this is a traditional holiday period in the n hemisphere, and i know
that at least one contributor to the manual is away, and that thanh
himself is very busy.  let's not panic here ... the contribution looks
interesting (i know next to nothing about pdf internals so that's as
much as i can say), but it does need expert review.  let's allow time
for that to happen.

robin