[pdftex] hyper-indexes with xindy

Klaus Guntermann guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 15 12:00:39 CEST 2001

I have wondered for a long time, how hard it would be to prepare a
document with pdf(la)tex, which has an hyperindex prepared by xindy.
I knew that it worked with makeindex, but that has some problems for
languages other than English.
In the meantime one of our students has found out how easy it is,
given the functionality of pdftex and hyperref.
In the attachment I enclose a first version of a short "howto"
document which describes the necessary steps, if one has a working
configuration for xindy to prepare the index and just wishes the extra
functionality of clickable entries in a pdf version.
Further suggestions and enhancements are welcome.

Enjoy,
	Klaus

--
	Klaus Guntermann	<guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
	FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt

multipart/mixed
  application/octet-stream
---