[pdftex] compression of bitmaps

Jiri Osoba osoba at jablotron.cz
Fri Aug 10 10:26:28 CEST 2001

PDFTeX uses Deflate (ZIP) compression to compress text and bitmaps (TIFFs, PNGs).

It can use JPG images directly - they are stored in PDF with the same size.

You can include PDFs - compression is not changed - probably the best way - it's fast and you can tune compression (Deflate, JPG, CCIT...) to save as much space as possible.

Jiri.