[pdftex] Document Info in pdf

Himanshu gohel at csee.usf.edu
Wed Aug 8 14:50:16 CEST 2001

Hello Pedro,

> Is there a way to update the pdf's Document Summary (title, subject,
> author,...) from a LaTeX file, that when you convert it to pdf these
fields
> are filled with the info you want?
> Only the creator and the producer seem to be updated...

I use something like this (without the need for hyperref):

\newif\ifpdf
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
  \pdffalse
\else
  \pdfoutput=1
  \pdftrue
\fi

\ifpdf
  \usepackage[pdftex,final]{graphicx}
  \pdfcompresslevel=9
  \pdfinfo {
    /Title (Your Title)
        /Author (Himanshu J. Gohel)
        /Subject (Warp: A Method for Interactive Shape Design)
        /Keywords (NURBS interactive shaping free form design CAD)
  }
\else
  % choose the draft mode for graphics for quick processing/printing
  %\usepackage[draft]{graphicx}
  % Forcing final will include figures in DVI file even if document
  % is in draft mode (\onehalfspacing)
  \usepackage[final]{graphicx}
\fi