[pdftex] pdftex compliance..

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Sun Aug 5 14:43:20 CEST 2001

On 2001-08-04 18:19:47 -0400, K. R. Subramanian wrote:
> This is with regard to doing NSF proposals using pdflatex. Is the following
> from NSF Fastlane Help Desk
> true? I would have thought that using conversion tools to go from dvi-ps-pdf

PDF compliance is normally tested by putting the PDF through some
PDF comsuming application, i.e. normally Adobe Acrobat or through
a PDF normalizer. I know of no problems the current pdfTeX causes
there, although some PDF RIPs have problems with PDF produced by
pdfTeX.

[...]

> > if you are using it you should be very careful to test the printing of your
> > entire proposal as it can cause concatenation errors when we attempt to put
> > the entire proposal together.  Thank you.

Could they elaborate on this? Sounds like a problem with the
RIP when imposing PDFs...

Best regards
    Martin
--