[pdftex] embedding objects in pdf

Peter Schröder ps at cs.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 1 22:19:55 CEST 2001

Recently I got help on embedding a movie object in a pdf file. I'd like
to go a step further and embed some of the actual data associated with
the content of the paper I am writing within the pdf file. Since I work
with geometry I want to include meshes. In fact, I want to include a way
to view these meshes. I have a feeling that I am definitely pushing up
against what might be considered legal, but what sorts of programs can
one embed? Is it possible to include an ActiveX control (I know, this
would only work on windows, but that's ok for what I have in mind) or a
Java applet?

Thanks for any pointers you have!

peter