[pdftex] PDFTeX, Metapost and Slideshows...

Klaus Guntermann guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Apr 30 09:58:56 CEST 2001

szeil at notesmail.cs.odu.edu writes:
 > How much of the magic is really done in xfig and how much in transfig?

You are right, the real task of splitting into the layers is done in
transfig, as you can guess from the patch sizes.

 > transfig can be compiled for Windows and there is a very nice xfig clone

Has anyone tried to apply our patches to create an extended windows
version of transfig?

 > done in Java, jfig at
 > http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/javafig/,  which runs
 > just fine under Windows.

This looks promising.
I did not find LaTeX font support. And I would like to find the
Xfig depth manager which allows me to go through the layers, which
make animation steps later.

Looks like a lot of good work, though. But I wonder how they plan to
handle the shareware fees, given the fact that university resources
are used for distribution.

Regards,
	Klaus
--
	Klaus Guntermann	<guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
	FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt