[pdftex] Metapost and PDF files

Christopher S. Swingley cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu
Sat Apr 28 16:18:10 CEST 2001

Reinhard,

> prologues:=1 is for troff, you need prologues:=2.

Ahh.  Now everything works much better.

> The Type1 Computer Modern fonts provided by Y&Y use capital letters
> for font names.  If you look into the file cmr10.pfb you'll find a
> line
>
> /FontName /CMR10 def

I noticed this, so I included an uppercase and lowercase version of
all the CM fonts in the GS Fontmap file.  That, in combination with the
prologues:=2 seems to make everything work.  dvips complains (it says
the font used in the file isn't in the mapping file) when I produce
a PS file from the DVI file, but it still seems to produce good output.

What is the magical "prologues:=2;" doing?

Thank you very much!

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle