[pdftex] PDFTeX, Metapost and Slideshows...

szeil at notesmail.cs.odu.edu szeil at notesmail.cs.odu.edu
Fri Apr 27 10:54:03 CEST 2001

On 04/27/2001 07:10:06 AM,  Klaus Guntermann
<guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

>I do not see a solution if you, as I guess from your mail user agent,
>work with Windows.
>We have prepared support for a Unix/Linux figure editing program named
>Xfig, to export layers of a figure as separate parts to MetaPost.
>With a macro you can afterwards import these layers, which actually
>are different files created by MetaPost.
>You can see an example at
>  http://www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/xfig/

How much of the magic is really done in xfig and how much in transfig?
transfig can be compiled for Windows and there is a very nice xfig clone
done in Java, jfig at
http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/javafig/,  which runs
just fine under Windows.

Steve Z