[pdftex] PDFTeX, Metapost and Slideshows...

Klaus Guntermann guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Apr 27 14:10:06 CEST 2001

Anthony Roy writes:
 > I currently use PDFScreen style for slideshows, use the pause package
 > to incrementally build slides, and then post process with pp4. How
 > does one achieve the same incremental build with MetaPost? (Is it
 > possible to include metapost figures in a PDFLaTeX document, as I
 > believe they are imported as encapsulated PS?)

I do not see a solution if you, as I guess from your mail user agent,
work with Windows.
We have prepared support for a Unix/Linux figure editing program named
Xfig, to export layers of a figure as separate parts to MetaPost.
With a macro you can afterwards import these layers, which actually
are different files created by MetaPost.
You can see an example at
  http://www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/xfig/

It would be possible to do the same also manually, if you are fluent
writing MetaPost code. But you have to take care to make all parts the
same size and not to trim the result to a smaller bounding box.

        Klaus
--
	Klaus Guntermann	<guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
	FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt