[pdftex] Re: help: epstopdf loses resolution after ghostscrip t upgrad

White, George WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Mon Apr 23 10:20:49 CEST 2001

With current versions of ghostscript, you should probably add a
reference to .setpdfwrite:

gs -dNOPAUSE -q -dBATCH \
  -dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode \
  -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \
  -sOutputFile=new.pdf \
  -dAutoFilterColorImages=false \
  -c .setpdfwrite -f prf.eps -c quit

Look in gs_pdfwr.ps for definitions.  You may want to add your own
definitions
to this file.  Currently (gs7.00) all .setpdfwrite does is tweak the VM and
do
a "save pop" to decrease font loading.