[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Juergen Bausa jba at lfpt.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Fri Apr 20 15:55:01 CEST 2001

I just downloaded and installed Acrobat Reader 5.0.1 (german version).
However, I found out that this version of the Reader cannot print my
pdf-files (generated by pdflatex 14f from MikTeX 2.0UP1) on a Postscript
printer under Windows NT. While on a non-Postscript printer everything is
ok, when printing on a Postscript-printer I get the message 'A font could
not be downloaded properly. The printout might be incorrect' (of course,
in
german). In the printout some of the cmr-fonts are exchanged against
courier.
With Acrobat Reader 4.05a everything is fine.

Did someone else notice this? Is it a bug in the Reader or in pdftex?

Regards,

Juergen