[pdftex] Degree Celsius

Dok, D. van d.vandok at ecn.nl
Thu Apr 19 14:45:03 CEST 2001

With OT1 as the font encoding, the type1 versions of Computer Modern are
used. With T1, the sauter fonts are used which have refined placement for
accents and such. These are created frm metafont source and produce
bitmapped fonts instead of outline fonts.

If you need the T1 fontenc, you're better off using another font,
such as Times.

Dennis van Dok