[pdftex] Re: pdflatex error

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 12 23:12:24 CEST 2001

    > Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de> writes:
    >> Versions later than 6.01 are quite buggy, try ps2epsi.

    > Referring to the -DSAFER problems?  (Mostly fixed in 7.00....)

Yes, most of the -DSAFER problems has been fixed.  Unfortunately
pdfopt doesn't work properly yet, even if you remove -dSAFER (and add
-dBATCH).  It works for some smaller documents created by pdftex but
either crashes with larger docs or doesn't move the object table to
the beginning of the file.  I hope that these bugs will be fixed in
the near future because pdfopt is quite interesting for pdftex users.

There are still very few bugs in the scripts.  -dBATCH should be added
to pf2afm, and ps2ascii doesn't work.  The other scripts seem to work.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de