[pdftex] pdflatex error

Marc van Dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Thu Apr 12 16:02:42 CEST 2001

Daniel Heiserer (Daniel.Heiserer at bmw.de) wrote:

: My problem is, that when I include pdffiles (A.pdf) using
: the graphicx package sometimes the
: include produces garbage. Using acroread the
: inital file A.pdf looks fine.
: this mostly occurs when the pdffile was generated from
: postscript using (ps2pdf (gs)) and the ps file contains
: images.

I had similar problems. This does not have to be
a pdftex error but may be a problem with the pdf
reader. In my case the problem was caused by the
fact that the reader tried to ``optimise'' the
fonts it needed. This resulted in certain text
not being displayed at all.

: I have two snapshots here to show that,
: but if this isn't the right forum for that I do not
: want to send you tons of data.

I cannot see the snapshot. Perhaps you could put them
on-line somewhere.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
--
     Marc van Dongen, CS Dept | phone:  +353 21 4903578
University College Cork, NUIC | Fax:    +353 21 4903113
  College Road, Cork, Ireland | Email: dongen at cs.ucc.ie