[pdftex] Re: What's new with Acrobat 5.0

Donald Story story at uakron.edu
Tue Apr 10 22:02:19 CEST 2001

On 10 Apr 2001, at 17:29, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Donald Story <story at uakron.edu> writes:
>
> > I just uploaded a new article "What new with Acrobat 5.0". In this
> > short article, I'lve hightlighted some of the things that would be of
> > interest to TeX/LaTeX users.  See
>
> One thing I didn't see mentioned is "Tagged PDF".  I first found this
> mentioned at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerforpalm.html,
> to allow reflow when breaking it down for their Palm "Acrobat"
> reader.  I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but it would be
> useful for TeX/LaTeX to produce such files....
>
> Does anyone know more about this?

I don't know much more. I've seen a demonstration of reflow on a Palm.
I don't see the point myself. Reflow and see half-dozen large words, or
a dozen tiny words.

As time permits, I plan to explore the pdfmarks for marked content and
logical structure.

dps

Dr. D. P. Story / dpstory at uakron.edu / (330) 972-7514
http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/ Dept of Mathematics
and Computer Science / University of Akron / Akron, Ohio 44325
AcroTeX Web Site: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/acrotex.html
Site Includes: e-Calculus, Algebra Review in Ten Lessons,
Mathematics Games, Pdfmarks:Links & Forms,
Using LaTeX to Create Quality PDF Documents for the WWW,
Web.sty and Exerquiz.sty Packages for LaTeX,
and much, much more.