[pdftex] Acrobat 5.0 / consequences for pdftex

Donald Story story at uakron.edu
Mon Apr 9 11:08:49 CEST 2001

On 9 Apr 2001, at 15:29, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Well, for bookmarks to be really usefull, they should be capable of using any
> font [like forms seem to do now] and even better, to support typeset entries,
> like xforms so that for instance formulas can be shown. As long as only half
> of the functionality is there i consider them to be jokes you can add to make
> a doc a bit more interesting.

I agree with the desirability to typeset entries with any font and even for
typeset entries; however, I don't believe there are any future plans for
expanding the current bookmark feature list.

The color feature can be more than cosmetic.  One can color code the entries:
Black (or some other color) for a jump within the current document; brown
(or something) for a jump to another document.  Red (or something) for a entry
that performs some action (for example JavaScript).

> Concerning feature requests of users: this is a different matter and out of
> the control of users anyway, since mostly commercially driven, which is okay
> for a commercial app.
>

> Hans

Don

Dr. D. P. Story / dpstory at uakron.edu / (330) 972-7514
http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/ Dept of Mathematics
and Computer Science / University of Akron / Akron, Ohio 44325
AcroTeX Web Site: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/acrotex.html
Site Includes: e-Calculus, Algebra Review in Ten Lessons,
Mathematics Games, Pdfmarks:Links & Forms,
Using LaTeX to Create Quality PDF Documents for the WWW,
Web.sty and Exerquiz.sty Packages for LaTeX,
and much, much more.