[pdftex] output conversion

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Fri Apr 6 08:39:27 CEST 2001

Hi.

Assume the situation that my service bureau can't output my PDF files
and ask for PostScript files.

What is the best and recommended procedure:

a) using Acrobat export options,
b) using \pdfoutput=0 and some DVItoPS postprocessor?

What comes immediately to my mind are the following concerns.

What informations will I loose (conversion is conversion) or what
should I beware of?

Especially I'm wondering what a postprocessor and even Acrobat itself
(when exporting PS) might think about the expanded fonts that are used
(\pdffontexpand 30 5 1000) and how it will handle these fonts (e.g.
embedding).

And may be there're other concerns?!

Regards,
Ulrich Dirr