[pdftex] weird Spanish problem

Johannes Graumann j_graumann at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:58:38 CEST 2001

Hello,

I cite some spanish in an english document, so  I load

	\usepackage[babel]{spanish}

and use

	\foreignlanguage{spanish}{carramba!}

If I latex the file, everything works fine, but if I pdflatex it, I get the
following error message:

	(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
	(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/pd1enc.def)
	! Undefined control sequence.
	<argument> ...e \expandafter {\Hy at captinosspanish
                                                  }
	l.1603 \ProcessOptionsWithKV{Hyp}

	?

I'm using pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.3.1) 3.14159-0.14h-pretest-20010126.
The problem did not arise with the previous snapshot.

Additionally, the citation contains ">, which latexed results in the french
style guillemet I'm intending, but pdflatexed results in ", followed by an
inverted ?, respectively ", followed by an inverted !.
This did'nt show up with the previous snapshot either.

Can somebody please give me a hint what's up here? Please also answer to my
email address!

Thank you, Johannes