[pdftex] Cropping odd and even pages

Charles Lepple charles at wirelessvalley.com
Wed Dec 20 19:43:30 CET 2000

--On Wednesday, December 20, 2000 7:13 PM +0000 Sebastian Rahtz
<sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
> Berthold Crysmann writes:
>  > I wonder whether it is possible to have odd and even pages cropped
>  > differently. What I have in mind is a PDF document which has different
>  > margins for odd and even pages (like with book.cls), but on screen,
>  they > are always cropped to the text area. So the pages do not "jump" in
>  > acroread.
>
> you could set the PDF view to be always "set to width", does that
> help? you can do that in hyperref.

the full command would most likely be:

\hypersetup{pdfstartview=FitBH}

This helps, but what would be really handy is support for Articles in
pdfLaTeX. I remember seeing this in one of the pdfTeX guides, but it seemed
to be just raw TeX code, and I remember not having much success with trying
to make it work in a LaTeX document. Suggestions, anyone?

(For those not familiar with the term in the context of PDF, you can define
an article as a collection of text boxes ("beads") in natural reading
order. This way, a two-column document could have one bead for each column,
and after reading the first column, the viewer automatically jumps to the
second column.)

--
Charles Lepple <charles at wirelessvalley.com>
Wireless Valley Communications, Inc.