[pdftex] Re: how can I view an oversized document?

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri Dec 15 09:20:09 CET 2000

Concernant « how can I view an oversized document? », Denis B. Roegel écrit : «
»
» On a related note, how do I include a metapost figure
» with plain pdftex? When I try the following
»
» \input graphicx
» \hsize=200cm
» \vsize=30cm

you need to modify pdfpage{width,height} too, or it will be clipped.

» \includegraphics{e.1}
» \end

» (/usr/local/tex/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/dvips.def)))) <e.1> [1
» Non-PDF special ignored!{/usr/local/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/psfonts.map}{/usr/l
»  ...
»
» Is it normal?

yes. graphicx.tex declares dvips as the default driver, I have this in
the graphics.cfg  used by pdftex:

\DeclareOption{pdftex}{\def\Gin at driver{pdftex.def}}
\ExecuteOptions{pdftex}
\def\Gin at driver{pdftex.def}

(i suspect that the latex stuff is ignored, and solely the brute force
\def makes graphicx.tex switch to pdftex option)

Thierry Bouche
__
  « Ils vivent pour vivre, et nous, hélas ! nous vivons pour savoir. »
				Charles Baudelaire, Paris.