[pdftex] Re: screen versions

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Dec 5 14:53:53 CET 2000

Concernant « Re: screen versions », Reinhard Kotucha écrit : «
» I could imagine that someone writes a tool to create linearized pdf

it exists (distiller or acrobat...)

» which moves everything which is needed for printing only to the end of
» the file.  A well designed browser should not download the whole file
» unless it is sent to a printer.  I don't know whether the acrobat
» reader is smart enough,

of course it is, when running as a plug-in, but if you want a local
copy of the file, it will download the whole thing.

Thierry Bouche
__
  « Ils vivent pour vivre, et nous, hélas ! nous vivons pour savoir. »
				Charles Baudelaire, Paris.