How to uncrop pages?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 18 09:31:41 CET 1998

Berthold Crysmann wrote:

> Another application would be to use colored links "PDF-only", so one
> does not get strange rasterised text... Also, backlinks could be
> deactivated in the printout.

Yes. We proposed to to our adobe EU contacts back in 96 but nobody seems
to see the benefit in this. I even have something running that works
reasonable well on ps printers, but I never saw a real reason for
including it in the public releases of context. We nearly always
generate two versions of a document, one for screen and one for A4
paper. Makes more sense.

There are, btw some complications in this, for instance when relative
positioning is used, where you cannot simple omit things.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl