Rotation limits on pdf graphics using includegraphics ?

Wroth, Mark MARK.WROTH at aerojet.com
Thu Dec 17 08:27:55 CET 1998

First of all, greetings, as this is my first post to this list.

I recently upgraded pdfTeX to take advantage of the pdf graphics
inclusion capabilities.  I've run into an odd behavior (or at least it
appears odd to me); I can rotate an included graphic using

	\includegraphic[angle=x]{foo.pdf}

but...

	angles between (apparently) 0 and 180 work as expected

	angles between 0 and -90 both rotate and distort the graphic

	angles greater than 180 or <= -90 produce a thin vertical line
at the left margin (only)

The subject arises because I have a graphic which needs to be rotated
270 degrees for correct orientation (FWIW, it started out in landscape
mode).

I've solved the immediate problem by regenerating the graphic in a
different orientation, but I'm curious; is this expected behavior, or
have I run into a bug?