How to uncrop pages?

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Thu Dec 17 16:36:48 CET 1998

Concernant « Re: How to uncrop pages? », Sebastian Rahtz écrit : «
» Thierry Bouche writes:
»  > dvi page, and on the PDF file. But if they're as they should be (not
»  > visible in the PDF) they simply don't show at all when i get the PS
»  > from the PDF. this prevents using pdftex as a better prepress engine
» not sure why you want the crop marks invisible in PDF?

I want the same PDF as electronic version and printable
version. That's maybe the problem. (I mean, I use a typical magazine
format like 17x22cm, which i put somewhere on an a4 sheet for printing
or flashing). My idea was to produce a PDF file with PDF pages of
17x22, with crop marks out of them, that appear when i print that to
PS on an a4 medium (hence the actual magazine pages are centered
inside the a4 paper, with crop  marks attached to them).

Your answer makes me realize that i could readily do 2 PDF files, one
a4 with crop marks visible, the other one for electronic delivery,
instead of one PDF/one PS. But still i'd like to know whether what i
want (putting printable things out of a PDF page, that will not be
clipped off when i export as PS) requires some 'PS passthrough'
magics, or is possible with current pdftex.
Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.