*.sty for PDF publishing (AGU++?)

Jody Klymak jklymak at apl.washington.edu
Wed Dec 16 10:06:58 CET 1998

Hi All,

Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask this, but some of the most knowledgable
people in the TeX world follow this so...

Now that PdfTeX is working pretty well (at least for me), has anyone written
style files so that their papers look good while being read onscreen?   For
instance, I almost exclusively use the AGU++ macros to write my oceanogrpahy
papers.  The various formats look great when printed.  The PDF files also look
great - from a distance and as a medium to print them.  I wouldn't want to read
them online.  An example of this the the American Meteorological Society
http://ams.allenpress.com/, which has exact replicas of all their journals
online in PDF.  They print up great, but they are unbearable to read using PDF
(two-columns formats are defintely not doable!)

Anyhow, if there is a repository of styles that some of you are using that you'd
care to make public, I think it would help speed the production of quality
scientific documents in PDF.  Or perhaps people have simple suggestions about
how to modify the basic styles in few steps.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
Doctoral Candidate                  University of Washington