Non-member submission from ["Julio G. Dix" <jd01@swt.edu>]

Sebastian Rahtz s.rahtz at elsevier.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 16:13:22 CET 1998

 > I am trying to type mathematical symbols in \pdfannottext
 >
 > For example
 > \pdannottext
 > width 5cm
 > height 2cm
 > dept 0pt
 > {This is an antiderivative $\int 2x\,dx=x^2+c$. }
 >
 > But TeX does not process the commands inside the annotaion.
 > Then when reading the article I click on the annotation and find the
 > dollar sings not the mathematical symbols.

PDF annotations use a fixed encoding and font. The text is not
processed by TeX at all. In a word, no, you cannot do what you want
using this method. You need to rethink your problem, I am afraid. I
expect others can offer suggestions

please join the pdftex list if you have more questions.

Sebastian