pdftex + truetype + reencoding

Philip A. Viton pviton at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 15 15:24:30 CET 1998

Can anyone confirm whether pdftex 12r correctly re-encodes true-type (TT)
fonts? I'm using the system with the TT fonts from Kinch (TrueTeX) and
can't get the cmr ligatures to display.

pdftex finds the TT fonts and the encoding vector cmtext.enc; but the
ligatures show up as empty boxes. processing the test file through pdftex
with \pdfoutput=0 gives the correct results, if that's any help.

Also, the message about pdftex at cstug refers to  the file enc-note from
Petr Oslak - this doesn't seem to be on the system, or did I miss it?

Philip A. Viton
City Planning, Ohio State University
viton.1 at osu.edu