Ignoring pdftex primitives

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 15 09:51:59 CET 1998

Michael John Downes wrote:

> > Well, I admit that it can be annoying, but once wrapped in macros, those
> > primitives are not that bad. I can come up with more problematic ones -)
>
> Agreed. As far as the TeX primitives go I am only wishful thinking,
> with benefit of hindsight, and so on. But for new pdfTeX primitives
> surely it is better to avoid similar missteps if they are unnecessary
> and a reasonable alternative syntax can be found.

As sebastian already pointed out, nothing is fixed and thanh is free to
change whatever he wants. Actually, there has been changes, even
primitives no longer being supported, keywords being changed, different
functionality. As long as one wraps low level pdf primitives, this is no
problem.

And, as long as PDF is not stable itself, there will be more changes in
pdftex. No problem with me -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl